Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Amazing Thailand Planning Committee


Ohmygad this day was awesome! I’ve talked so much today I feel wonderful. Lol. Actually, it’s not talking, but conversing with people who have so much idea and talent. I feel like 2012 is back on track (because recent events made me think 2012 couldn’t deliver). So before I get ahead of myself and leave you thinking “what the hell is this guy talking about,” Imma tell you what happened today.

We, The Amazing Thailand Planning Committee, decided to meet to discuss about the Amazing Thailand Summer Vacae itinerary. Connet didn’t come because she was sick.
We had our lunch meeting at Kanin Club in UP Ayala Technohub because Oli wanted to eat sinangag na sinigang. Ai said that she saw some good reviews about crispy dinuguan so that’s the one I ordered. We were hungry so we didn’t talk about Thailand. We talked about less stressful topics like work and people that we don’t like. 


I kinda missed UP-A; I worked here last year.


It took an hour for our lunch to be served because the restaurant was jam-packed with customers. I noticed that the other restaurants in UP-A didn’t have as much people in them. Kanin must really pull a string on Filipino hearts. The dinuguan was yummy; I was like eating chicharon with dinuguan sauce. I forgot to take pictures because I was really hungry.  

Afterwards, we went to CBTL to get serious. 

I took note of the things we’re doing in Thailand:
--wear nice clothes na bagay sa ambiance ng Thailand
--stalk Mario, Pchy, and Non (read: The Love of Siam [TLOS])
--go to that nice coffee shop in TLOS
--go to a TLOS specialty store, if there’s any
--ride an elephant
--take a river cruise
--go to the river market
--eat in a McDonald’s store
--shop at Chatuchak Market
--side trip at Angkor Wat (Cambodia!)
--and lots lots more until we’re satisfied

We didn’t want to go home yet. Ai suggested we go to Bookay Ukay in Teacher’s Village and it sounded like a good idea. It wasn’t far from UP-A but we got lost. We spent 20 minutes looking for it and Ai had to call Kei a few times to get direction.

Oh look, a black cat. I want to have a black cat. Neil Gaiman said a black cat saved his family from an evil spirit. 

We finally arrived at Bookay Ukay. It's a quirky little store that sells second hand books and it loves the Beatles.

There weren't a lot of books but they had enough to keep us busy. They have a really cool graffiti wall too.



Owemgee it's a little milk guy!!!

And he's got a girlfriend! Cute!!! =D

I saw Memnoch the Devil, which I really wanted to buy. I've read my friend's copy before but I want to have my own book.

But, I asked Ai if she saw something that she'd recommend. She chose a Murakami; she said it's his best book. I wanted to read Murakami so I bought that instead. I'm sure Anne Rice would understand.
It was 5 o'clock and I suggested we eat before going home. Of course, they loved the idea. The winner idea, however, was from Oli, who suggested that we eat at Adarna. It was a restaurant in Kalayaan, QC. It's near UP and near my apartment. I've never tried any restaurant in Kalayaan so I was eager to try it, especially when Oli said they preserved a lot of old stuff in there. I like old stuff, except ghosts.

Outside, it looked promising.

Inside, was from another world.













Old Tagalog music was playing. It reminded me of John and Marcia, as well as other black and white Dolphy movies. And surprise surprise, there was a Dolphy and Nida Blanca poster. Notice the "In Color"? Cool, no?


The food came and it was delish. The service was fast and the waitresses are really nice. I also love their plates; I felt like a visitor using the host's best china. 

We've had chicken mole soup

Batanes yellow rice (not in the picture), adobong Batangas

and the super duper yummy banana peanut roll.

Lastly, we had Batangas kapeng barako in the garden.



Coffee lasted 2 hours; I didn't want it to end, really. We talked about business, condominiums, urban campers (homeless people), education, Philippine politics, the government, educational system, our friends, 2012, the end of the world, Antartica, aurora borealis, social responsibility, Bo Sanchez, Rich Dad Poor Dad, cashflow, Lakwatcha, etcetera etcetera. We even had assignments. I'd do the finance project, Ai will do the social responsibility project, and Oli will do the cashflow project. Gosh I was so tired; I wanted to sleep when I arrived home. But this day has been far too interesting not to blog about it right away. =) And by the way, I have the coolest friends, ever.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog CJ!

    Please write some more! Enjoyed it!

    Btw, I agree on wear nice clothes that should blend with the country's theme. I always do that :D

    And that BookayUkay is really nice! I should go there soon!

    Miss you at the floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ruth! Missed ko na rin kayo, sobra!

      Delete