Saturday, December 24, 2011

and then suddenly, i travelled further than baguio city

The past few years were times of journey for me. I’ve never had so much mobility in my life! Yes I’m so emotional I wanna cry!

Growing up, we didn’t have money for travel. My dad was a jeepney driver and my mom is a government employee. They have money enough only to send us to school, feed us, and buy special stuff during Christmas and at the start of each school year. I guess I was lucky that most of the kids I knew were on a similar situation, and there wasn’t pressure to have a lot of nice clothes or to tell stories of adventures to exotic locales. When I was in grade four, I think, my mother promised that we’d go to Hinulugang Taktak (waterfall in Antipolo) when I graduate in elementary, and then to Baguio, when I graduate from high school. Taktak never happened and I only went to Baguio in my 3rd year in college on a field trip. But as I said, no pressure; I wasn’t much of a traveler anyway.

Dreams, however, never stop in childhood. I’ve met people who’ve been to places, and there was way too much books, TV, and movies to ignore what’s out there. I’m just so surprised now that when I think about it, I can already say that yes, I am a traveler. I can never thank God enough for giving me opportunities to travel. I thank Him for giving me my wonderful travel buddies (especially Mary, Lea, Trina, and Raymond). And I thank Him for keeping us safe all the time.

Lemme show you pictures of some of the places I’ve been to:

North Carolina, USA



Hong Kong


Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao!

















Next stop: THAILAND!

2 comments:

  1. nice shots, especially the TARSIER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hindi ako nagpicture nun hehe. yung friend ko, using his Canon. =)

    ReplyDelete