Sunday, January 1, 2012

aba, pwede na pala akong mag cross-out ng items sa bucket list ko!


It's the first day of the year and the first films I've watched are episodes 1 and 2 of BBC's Frozen Planet. I was amazed at what happens on the north and south poles of the earth. Learning #1: penguins do not live in the north pole. I'm like, wtf? And I wasn't really sure that there were ice caps on the south pole; now I know, so that was learning #2. Near the end of episode 2, as I watched the episode's director and camera man film themselves throughout their 4-month coverage of half-a-million penguins' daily activities in the summer, I became giddy with excitement. What places to explore!

I immediately began thinking about Nepal. It was Jay's fault. I haven't even been to Thailand yet, and now I'm already thinking of snowy mountains. But Nepal is for 2013, I promised my friends. Therefore, I think it will be Bhutan for 2012. Lol. I wanted to put it in my bucket list, and then I realized... teka lang... I can already cross out a few of what's on my bucket list! So, I took out my Moleskine and flipped through the first few pages. I saw my bucket list, written sometime in April 2010. So I'm posting it here, and I'll be updating it every now and then, when I'm ready cross out some more. Also, I'll be removing things that don't appeal to me anymore and then adding new aspirations to achieve. O, eto na, bago pa tayo magkalimutan:


Travel
1. New York City
2. South Korea
3. Thailand (updated April 2012)
4. Hong Kong (achievement!)
5. London
6. Davao (achievement!)
7. Amsterdam
8. Japan
9. Australia
10. Brazil



11. Nepal
12. Bhutan
13. African safari
14. Paris

Education
15. Study at Parsons in NYC
16. Get a certificate in Fine Arts in UP Diliman (I already finished 1 sem!)

Career
17. Become a best-selling fiction writer
18. Become an award winning graphic novelist
19. Establish my own high school for the arts
20. Own a bookstore


Experiences
21. Ride an elephant (updated April 2012)
22. Scuba dive
23. Exhibit my artworks
24. Go parasailing
25. Hike and camp on Mt. Kilimanjaro
26. Create at least 16 videos of my travels

People to See
27. David Archuleta
28. Josh Groban
29. Chico and Delamar
30. Witwisit Hiranwongkul (Pchy)
31. Lady Gaga
32. Neil Gaiman


Health
33. Have a gym-buffed body
34. Weigh 75 kilos

Family
35. Build a beautiful house for my mom
36. Have an interesting house with a home office, a big library, and a mini theater
37. Marry a handsome and honest man
38. Adopt 2 girl kids
39. Have dogs
40. Be able to take care and educate my young kids







No comments:

Post a Comment