Monday, November 28, 2011

i feel cold even though it's sunny outside (o baka malakas lang siguro ang aircon)

I think I better get used to the idea of eating alone again. It’s sad, actually. Coming from an office where I’d always have friends to have lunch with, it’s difficult to find myself alone in a new office. Now, I’d always have to invite people for lunch or snack because most of the time, I’ve no other option but to eat with someone, whom I have a love-hate relationship with. Today, I asked a girl friend to eat out with me but she has packed lunch so, “next time,” she said. I then asked a guy friend but he said he’s having lunch with his girlfriend so, “next time,” he said. I didn’t invite anybody anymore, and ate out alone.

It’s sad, isn’t it? I remember the days when I’d plot my evil plans so that my former “unwanted” teammate wouldn’t be able to join us for lunch. I wonder if this is how she felt. I may be forced to think that this is the outcome of my actions, but do I regret them? Definitely not – because I was happy to be with the people who are dear to me, and our lunch and coffee breaks weren’t just social events but a bonding of friendship (cue violin). But do you know what’s sadder than this realization? It’s the fact that this isn’t going to end anytime soon; that I’ll always long for my friends from the big blue; that I may really get used to eating alone.

I wanna say FML... but I know I have friends, in far away places, who GMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment